Suitable flooring for pets is one of the essential things pet owners pay attention to when choosing their flooring. Nowadays, a major concern for those who want to select a type of flooring such as laminate is animals, health, maintenance, and flooring stability, among other issues.
Essential points for choosing the best flooring in homes with pets
People who keep pets in their home must pay attention to several important factors before choosing and buying flooring:
- Which flooring has the most resistance and durability towards damages caused by animals (for example, scratches made by their claws)?
- Cleaning and hygiene of the floor against any contamination
- Ease of cleaning and maintaining the floor surface
- Suitable floor surface for animals to walk, run and even play
- Suitability of flooring in terms of proper heat transfer in different seasons
That’s why in order to choose the best flooring for pets, we try to consider all the options you have when changing the flooring or buying a new house:
Stone flooring for pets:
Stone has been one of the most famous and popular floorings in the house since ancient times. Stone flooring has been widely used in homes, and to this day, it has remained one of the most popular floorings. Despite its significantly decreased popularity because of other floorings such as carpet, laminate, and other types, stone flooring is still used in some houses.
Benefits of stone flooring for pets:
This flooring has various advantages and disadvantages for pets compared to other types. The essential benefits of stone flooring for pet owners are:
- Very high strength and durability against scratches caused by animal paws (such as dogs and cats)
- Easy to clean
- Animals can easily run and play on the surface.
Disadvantages of stone flooring for pets:
However, stone floors also have disadvantages for those who keep pets, and sometimes because of these disadvantages, pet owners refuse to choose and buy this type of flooring. The most important disadvantages of stone flooring for animals are:
- Harder and more troublesome installation (compared to many other floors)
- Requires precise infrastructure
- The surface of some rocks and the risk of slippery surface (especially when water is poured on it)
- High maintenance costs
- Extreme low temperature of the floor surface in cold seasons
- The sensitivity of some stones to the scratches of animals, including marble
Of course, those who choose this type of flooring, in consultation with sellers, can buy and install more sturdy types of stone against possible damage inflicted by animals. Including travertine or granite floors that are more durable.
On the other hand, by creating a proper heating system under the floor surface, you can solve the temperature problem in autumn and winter to some extent.
Ceramic flooring for pets:
Ceramics are very similar to stone flooring, but there are also significant differences between them. Let’s quickly review its most important advantages and disadvantages:
Advantages of ceramic flooring for pets:
- Easy to clean
- High sturdiness and resistance to surface scratches (especially in glazed ceramic floors)
- Are available in many different varieties
- Suitable for animals to play and have fun (especially dogs and cats)
Disadvantages of ceramic flooring for pets:
- Slippery surface that might cause harm to animals
- The possibility of animal footprints remaining on the surface if their feet are dirty
- Difficultness of changing the floor (in case of damage to its surface)
- Maintenance costs
- Cold in the winter
Despite having some benefits, this flooring type is not an ideal choice for those who keep pets. (Especially compared to laminate flooring)
Wood parquet flooring for pets
Wood parquet is one of the floors that was once used in many countries around the world, especially in Europe. Wooden parquets were made of resistant woods such as oak, maple, beech, walnut, etc.
Benefits of wood parquet for pets:
- More comfort and relaxation of animals when walking on it
- Easy on the eyes and environmentally friendly
- Variety of designs and types of wood
- Surface is not slippery
But parquet flooring, like many other floorings, has its drawbacks, especially for those who have pets.
Disadvantages of wood parquet for pets:
- The possibility of damaging the tiles by animals scratching the with their paws
- Difficulty replacing tiles in case of any damage
- Need for substructure and use of durable adhesives
- Less durable than flooring such as laminate flooring
- The floor surface quickly gets dirty with visible stains
- Squeaking of the parquet in case of the slightest mistake during installation
- Higher production, installation, and maintenance costs than laminate flooring
Laminate parquet flooring for pets:
Parquet Laminate or laminate flooring, as most would know, is currently one of the best and most popular floorings in the world. These floors, produced in the factories of manufacturing companies and through several processes, have different layers, and their appearance is somewhat similar to wood parquet floors. But it is more durable and has several advantages over other floorings for pet owners, which makes the use of this flooring to be recommended:
Advantages of laminate flooring for pets:
- Proper durability and stability against scratches or injuries caused by pet paws
- Ability to easily replace laminate tiles in case of severe damage
- Having various and suitable designs
- Reasonable prices and costs of installation and maintenance
- High Quality
- Proper cooling and heating
- Easy to wash and clean
- Hygiene of laminate flooring
So we recommend using laminate flooring for your house if you own pets. Laminate floors will make life a lot simpler and reduce any headaches caused by your pets.
So check out our offers on laminate floorings, and start renovating your floors now.